Burberry Spring 2015//Source – My Daily
Spring beauty is typically very light, soft & barley there, but this season trends from the runway included intense lip colour and smokey eye makeup. Continue reading for the trends you will want to try this Spring.
1. The Spring Red Lip – Bold lips are usually reserved for Winter, we don’t tend to wear red lipstick in the Spring. This Spring however, all different shades of the colour were seen on the runways. Ranging from the classic post box red to rich berry hues, red is definitely the colour to wear on your lips this season.
Seen at Topshop Unique, Dolce & Gabbana & Burberry
Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015//Source – Good House Keeping
Burberry Spring 2015//Source – Good House Keeping
2. Back To Black – Dark eye makeup is another trend that isn’t usually around at this time of year, but makeup artists have come up with new ways to use eyeliner this season. For Spring, eyeliner should be bold and graphic. The basic black liner and cat eye look were not seen on the runways, instead a blunt line along lower lashes was preferred.
Seen at Diane Von Furstenberg, Chanel & Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton Spring 2015//Source – Marie Claire
3. Purple Smoke – The rich shades of purple were a favourite amongst designers on the runways for Spring, and is definitely one of the prettiest looks this season. You may think wearing purple on your lids would look odd, but a light wash of the colour over your lids will give your makeup a fresh look for Spring.
Seen at Matthew Williamson, Vera Wang & Derek Lam
Matthew Williamson Spring 2015//Source – Cosmopolitan
Derek Lam Spring 2015//Source – Beauty Editor
4. The Low Pony – At the Spring/Summer 2015 shows we saw a lot of gorgeous low ponytails, styled in many different ways. At every show the pony looked new, fresh and original. There were sporty ponytails, crimped and even wet-look ponytails. However you decide to style your pony this Spring, wear it low.
Seen at Giambattista Valli, Stella McCartney & Alexander Wang
Alexander Wang Spring 2015//Source – Beauty Snob
Stella McCartney Spring 2015//Source – Fashionisers
5. Bare Face Beauty – This season was the first time that models have ever walked the catwalk makeup free, as they did at Marc Jacobs. This trend is all about keeping skin looking natural and real. The concealer-only look is the perfect way to try the bare face trend this Spring.
Seen at Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant & Proenza Schouler
Marc Jacobs Spring 2015//Source – Fashion Gone Rogue
Which of these beauty trends will you be trying out this Spring? Please leave comments below.
Don’t forget to check out my latest beauty & fashion posts for Creme De La Bride